Friday, May 15, 2009

5 Months

Today is five months since my little Colton returned to heaven. I'd like to share a poem written to him by my friends Paul, Lori and Melissa Lorenz. It says so much of what I feel every day and especially on days like this.

The Gift of Colton

So many of us never got to meet you,
yet we feel as if we know you like family

You never got to come home
Yet home is where the heart is,
and you'll live in our hearts forever

You never got to walk in the grass
yet you left footprints on our hearts
and we will never be the same

You were only with us for a short time
yet you taught us life-long lessons about love,
hope, faith, and courage

We prayed for you,
We fought for you,
We loved you,
We miss you,
We will always love you,
We will never forget you.

In memory of a brave soul, Colton Chilla, who graced us with his presence for too short of a time, but will live in our hearts forever.

Thank you to the Lorenz family for putting these feelings into such beautiful and perfect words. To my little Colton....until someday my little pumpkin!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Daddy Loves and misses his little boy so much. You are with me everyday my little Lion.