Sunday, May 10, 2009

I am Colton's Mom

My precious boy. What can I say about today? It was both wonderful and sad. I think back to last Mother's Day when you were still in my belly. I had yet to feel you kick and yet to see your face. I had yet to feel your warm skin and yet to smell your wonderful smell. Last Mother's Day was filled with such anticipation thinking about this year and how it would be. We had so little time together on this Earth but I treasure every minute. I got to know your expressions. I got to know every part of your face. I fought for you every day you were here. As I sat with you today at your grave I wished I could hold you again but know that you are at peace. You had such a struggle when you were here that I'm happy you are resting. I am lucky Colton, because good friends and family are in my life to help me remember that I am a mom today and every day. I feel so blessed to be your mommy, to have had such a special boy. I knew when I looked into your eyes that you were an old soul, wise beyond the short time you were here. I still feel so connected to you, even now. But I guess that is because of one simple thing...I am your mommy. A hard day is coming to a close, but know that I would rather have a hard day today than to have never been your mommy. I love you so much. 'Til someday my little man..

2 comments:

Bryant's mommy said...

Colton,
You are so lucky to have the mommy that you do. She is wonderful, caring and always puts everyone else before her. I know today was hard for her but I know that you were smiling down on her today just like you are every day! I love you little one.

A,
Happy Mother's day again to the most courageous woman I know! You are an inspiration.

J

Christine Rawson said...

Amy, I can't imagine how tough this first and all the Mother's Days to come that will weigh heavy in your heart. I can only hope that with time they will get easier for you. I am thinking about you and Donny every day.
Chrissy