Monday, October 27, 2008

Small update

I've been hearing through the grapevine that Colton's Cavalry is getting restless with no update! :) Its been a busy last week for me as my nephew Bryant James Schaefer was born on Thursday 10/23. So strange to hold a full term baby, he felt so heavy at a whopping 7 lbs. Congrats to Brandon and Jackie!



Colton is doing well and the two big goals continue to be weight gain and ventilator weaning. They are tweaking his nutrition with various combinations of breast milk, fortifying powder, TPN and IV fats. He is getting quite the cocktail. I'll ask tonight to see if he has gained any weight but last I heard we were still hovering at 3 lbs. 5 oz. They reminded me that he has to work even harder to gain weight because of the hole in his heart.



Donny and I are on a mission to try and kangaroo with Colton every day. We try and alternate days because it requires longer hours to stay and do that. We both love it though. I actually feel proactive in his care by kangarooing.



Here is a little photo of Colton in his Halloween get up. I love this pic. P.S. ignore the IV in his head!


Here's another one that was taken over the weekend. Thanks to nurse Jami for dressing him and posing him for the picture. Colton says Hi Everyone!

No comments: