Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rough Week

This has been a rough week. I think it must be because there have been a lot of "finals". We had to proof Colton's gravestone and finalize it. We ordered the gliders, which is something we are so excited to do, but it feels finished. We deposited his life insurance payment. We took down all the blue ribbons that our friends had tied up all throughout the neighborhood. All so final. Maybe it just because more time has gone by and reality is settling in. I was walking our dog today and on the trails everything is so green and healthy looking and for some reason it made me think about Colton and how he never got to feel the breeze on his face or grass beneath his toes. I'm sad for him that he never made it out of the hospital, free from wires, free from needles. He had such a hard life while he was here. I only hope that where he is now he feels warmth and comfort. My heart aches for him and for those of us left behind missing him every minute of every day. I miss my beautiful boy so very much.

4 comments:

Sara said...

hello.
I found you through Mari's blog.
My heart is heavy for you...
What a beautiful little face Colton has...what a sweet soul.
I am walking with Mari in April...I will keep your family in my heart as well...

Unknown said...

WOW Amy! When I read this post, I could swear I was writing it about my daughter. February is a really hard month for me. It will be 10 years! Colton must be so proud of his mommy and daddy! Honoring him by donating rocking chairs and keeping his spirit alive. He touched so many! Hugs and just know Im praying for you and Donny.

Anna Mae said...

Amy,
I'm so glad that Colton got to know you to feel your touch and your heartbeat to hear your beautiful voice, and see the beautiful women you have become. One who is bright, creative, caring, generous and a wonderful mom. I am sure that he can hear your thoughts and the beautiful words of love you send him everyday and I think the grass does look greener from where he is.
Thinking of you and sending you love to help heal your heart.
Anna Mae

Bryant's mommy said...

Amy,
My heart breaks with your sadness, I am always searching for the words that might bring comfort...I guess I just don't find the right ones. But there is something that brings me comfort with Colton being in heaven and that is that he does get to feel the grass under his toes but it is softer than any here on earth, the breeze does touch his face but it's sweeter than anything we have ever known and he is surrounded by the love of his family and friends...those that are still here and those that have already passed. I also believe that he is happy, an angel watching over his mommy and daddy!

I pray for you guys every day!
Love,
J