Tuesday, August 18, 2009

So Blessed

Yesterday was Colton's first Heavenly birthday. I felt so blessed yesterday. While of course it was a sad day that Colton wasn't with us, the thoughts, well wishes and sweet touches made a for a special day. We went to the cemetary and decorated Colton's spot.

Some of Colton's Auntie's came to do a balloon release and have cupcakes in his honor. We sent the balloons to heaven with our wishes for Colton to have a peaceful and happy birthday. We felt so much love and enjoyed spending time with everyone and talking about Colton. The emails, Facebook messages and cards all meant so much. The support we feel every day from our friends and family is so wonderful.

That evening I went to my support group that I attend twice a month. We had a celebration there as well for Colton. The gifts I received were so thoughtful and so personal. Even though he isn't with us on Earth, he is with us in spirit and I know Colton's spirit was full of love and joy yesterday.

For more pictures of his birthday celebrations and cute photos of my nephew eating Colton's bday cake visit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/29664626@N07/sets/72157621955394017/

Happy 1st Birthday my little man. Until someday...






No comments: