Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dragonflies

This is a sad week. No way around it. I'm doing much of the "what was I doing this time last year". So, I thought I'd write about something positive. I'm not much for signs. It's probably the part of my father that I inherited. Logic/science. But sometimes in life you just can't ignore them. I've never set out to find something that reminds me of Colton. I've never looked hard for signs that he is with me. I've heard others talk of signs, but thought they maybe just looked for them so hard because they were looking for a connection.

This summer I was no longer able to ignore. :) One day at the pool there was a dragonfly that hovered over. I kid you not, this little guy was hanging around for at least a half hour. Well all the kids at the pool noticed him and started trying to "get him." I remember being overly concerned that the dragonfly was going to be drowned or shot down. Strange.

Then at Colton's spot, where I go to see him each week, a dragonfly kept showing up while I was sitting with him. It would dart in and seem to hover above his spot. It would fly off and then return a couple minutes later. This happened, no joke, three weeks in a row.

Toward the end of summer I was driving onto my street and looked out of my windshield and there was a dragonfly, flying above my car. OK now I was starting to wonder.

Not too long ago a dear friend of mine decided to look up the meaning of a dragonfly. Chills. Take a gander yourself and google it.

The latest in my dragonfly encounters, was a friend of mine was talking to her mom and discussing our Angel of Hope event and her mom interrupted her by saying she had found a dragonfly pin in a gift shop. OK I'm convinced.

Somehow, some way my little Colton has decided to remind us of his spirit with a dragonfly. I have rain in the winter and dragonflies in the summer. My boy has covered it all!

No comments: