Thursday, August 28, 2008

Doing Well

Today is a good day. I've woken up from my surgery and am back to my normal self. My oxygenation is good (I'm on "room air" which is what all you people in the outside world breathe) and they are weaning me just a tad off the ventilator. My lung secretions are clear and I am needing less suction. I'm hearing rumors that they might finally try and give me few drops of food tomorrow...mmmmm...I'm hungry!


Mommy got to change my diaper again today and she learned how to clean my eyes and my mouth. My nurse Jami also tried to give me a pacifier for a bit but I really wasn't sure what to do with it. I kind of licked it and decided this wasn't for me...yet. Jami is going to make me practice to get ready for real sucking later on.


Mommy took some more pics of me today. She actually caught a few with his eyes open. Click here to see them: http://flickr.com/photos/29664626@N07/sets/72157606999875844/

1 comment:

Lori Lorenz said...

Colton,

YOU ROCK! Hang in there and keep at it - I know it's tiring, but you are doing so well! Lots of prayers for you from the best cul de sac in the world. One day soon your mommy and daddy will be able to hold you and you'll know for sure that they are the best parents in the world. :)

Love, Lori, Paul, David and Melissa Lorenz