Friday, August 22, 2008

Moving Day

Last night was quiet for me, gave my next dose of Neoprofin and they weaned me a little more from the ventilator. Early this morning they did a chest x-ray to see what my lungs looked like. A "little grainy" as they say, meaning I still have some junk in there, but nothing alarming.

My big adventure today was that they moved me allllll the way to the other side of the NICU. Luckily mommy and daddy arrived at the tail end of this process. They have some sick babies that need to be sequestered in the room that I was in so I get hang out with all the other cool kids in the general population. I'm over by a window in a corner so I'm still kind of quiet over there. Mommy got to change my diaper today. She did a good job navigating all my tubes and wires. Oh, and my nice nurse Kerry took off my UV mask and mommy and daddy got to see my eyes for the first time in several days. I actually have little eyelashes and I opened one eye for just a second. Neato stuff!

Tonight I get my last dose of Neoprofin and then they will do an echocardiogram tomorrow morning to see if my heart valve/tube has made any progress. Tune in, we should have some news tomorrow!

1 comment:

gymako said...

That is such great news! Awesome job on the diaper change I would of been a nervous wreck. Love this blog!!

Sarah