Saturday, August 30, 2008

Quiet Day

Today was a quiet day for me. Daddy came to visit me in the morning but he didn't get to hold me this time. My blood gas test wasn't as good as they would like it to be so they held off. Mommy came to visit me later in the afternoon and my second blood gas was better so she got to kangaroo with me. She held me for two hours again. I didn't do quite as good this time as yesterday. I had a couple of "spells" as the nurses like to call them where I forget to breathe and all the alarms go crazy. The nurses are teaching mommy how to push on my back and shake me to wake me up and get me breathing again. They say I'll do this a lot more as I start to wean off the ventilator. I'm so young that I get really comfy and fall into such a deep sleep that my brain forgets to tell me to breathe. Oops. Well, I'm going nighty night now.

No comments: