Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Brain Mystery

Colton is doing well weaning off of all of his drugs. Still peeing, still weaning off of the oscillating vent. The new mystery on the table is his little brain. He has still had a few intermittent seizures and his arms and hands are very stiff still. They (the doctors) say they are concerned because they don't typically see this in a baby of his age nor should he still be having these symptoms since all his levels are under control. They did an EEG (brain waves test) on him yesterday and we are waiting for the Neurologist to read it and get back to us. We are really hoping that nothing shows up on this because if something does, it won't be good. Donny and I are holding out hope that this is a temporary condition that will reverse itself in time. We'll keep you posted as we find out more.

Update on the CHOC Walk: Several of you have asked me and I found it rather confusing myself about the amount of money you commit to raising when you sign up for the walk. I have a call into the CHOC Foundation but here is how I interpret it as of now. When you sign up you are committing to raising $100. This covers your walk fee and raising $50. If you do not raise it, you can still do the walk but you will have to pay the walk fee of $50. Also, to families with kids: kids under 2 are free but all others are bound by the same $100 that adults are. We would love to have entire families walk but we understand if $400 and up starts to seem like a steep number! Please read everything very carefully and I will do my best to clear up issues/questions as they arise.

Feel like skipping the walk but want to sponsor me? Click here: https://www.chocforms.org/chocwalk/2008/sponsor.cfm, select "Sponsor a registered walker, and type in amyc1225. That is how you can sponsor me directly! Thanks for the support!

No comments: