Wednesday, September 17, 2008

EEG Results & Fashion Show

Today I got to speak to the Neurologist (lucky timing on my part) directly when he was examining Colton. I was told that the EEG did pick up ongoing seizure activity. As the neurologist explained Colton is having smaller seizures even though to the eye we aren't seeing them. Keep in mind that the EEG was done almost 3 days ago now and I (mommy instinct) believe that physically he is doing better. Of course my first question was how bad is it and can we expect lasting effects. And of course the answer is "I don't know" and "its too early to tell." But, overall the neurologist seemed pretty upbeat. He believes, as did the neonatologist, that these seizures started with low glucose levels caused by the renal issues. He also said that it is encouraging that they do not see any brain bleeds or other physical brain abnormalities in the ultrasounds they have been conducting. He wants to repeat another EEG in a couple of days and then also do an MRI once he is off the oscillating vent. He said a lot of babies grow out of the seizures and he is hoping Colton is one of them. Strangely, I walked away feeling good and optimistic. I hope that is mommy instinct kicking in!

I have to give a shout out to our nurse Cindy. She dressed Colton in his first outfit today. Dang I wish I had my camera! One of my fabulous clients in Louisville, Lindsey & Eric Ronay of ECO-CELL, sent Colton some micro-preemie clothes and he finally got to wear one today!

CHOC WALK NEWS - OK, we have figured out a bit more on the CHOC Walk. If you login to your account on the CHOC Walk website, you can go into a section that says "change my sponsorship goal". This is where you can put it down to $50 if you want. So best we can tell you can either raise the $50 or pay it out of pocket. Our team is already ranked #26 for the amount of money we have raised so far. Keep it coming everyone and thanks for the hard work!

Sponsor Amy directly at https://www.chocforms.org/chocwalk/2008/sponsor.cfm, select "Sponsor a registered walker, and type in amyc1225.

2 comments:

gymako said...

CONGRAT YOU ARE NOW 1 MONTH OLD TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep up the good work Colton, what an amazing acomplishment ;-)

Sarah K.

Sitting Pretty said...

Hi Colton! We are following your progress every day and are so happy that you have turned out to be quite the little fighter! Sydney and Skyler say that they love you very much - so do Jeff and I! You are a miracle and every day we think of you and your mommy and daddy. I hope you know how much they love you and what big hearts they both have. We'll check in again tomorrow! WE ALL LOVE YOU!