Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Good Thoughts Are Working

We are definately not totally out of the woods but Colton's siezures are under control with meds. He is sedated and also under pain meds (for the oscillating vent). So he looks peaceful and relaxed now which gives us much comfort knowing that he is comfortable now.

The day is going uneventfully (thank goodness) for now and we are all just waiting for some pee pee to come out of that catheter tube. Maybe everyone can do the pee pee dance on Colton's behalf? :) We are still considered to be in a critical stage and I know we keep talking about it, but everything really is hinging on him starting to make urine.

On another note we are also waiting for some cultures to come back. A recent discovery on a test makes the doctors now think that he might have an infection in his PIC line (the line that all the IV's hook into) which would finally give us an explanation for the ongoing renal issues. It doesn't help us where we are now but having an answer as to why somehow makes us feel better. If the new cultures come back positive then they will take out the PIC line and replace it with a new one.

Donny and I also want to take a moment and thank everyone for the prayers and concern. We never knew how lucky, blessed and loved we were. It truly uplifts us and makes a hard situation bearable. We love you all and from the bottom of our hearts, thank you.

5 comments:

Bryant's mommy said...

A & D,
Just wanted to let you guys know that I am thinking of you. I am so glad that they might have some answers as to whats going on with colton. I hope that they can get everything corrected quickly so the little guy can have even better days! I am praying for Colton and so is all of my family. Oh and I am so doing the pee pee dance for Colton...come on buddy, make some Pee! I love you guys.

J

Leah said...

I have never been so riveted and focused on pee before! :-> I am totally rooting for you guys, keep up the awesome job as new parents. And to the roller coaster man of the hour, don't you give up little buddy.
With much support and well wishes,
Leah Knapp (Sarah's sister)

Anonymous said...

Chilla Family,

I am so happy to hear the good news, thanks for making the post and keeping all of your dear friends and family in the loop. I love you three very much and prayers are with you.

Take care, lots of love, hugs and kisses.

-Melanie, Bella and Wiz

Anna Mae said...

Colton,
Just praying for you to pee, has had me going all afternoon so I'll try and channel my thoughts to you to help you go. A big huge from Eric and I for Mommy and Daddy.
Hopefully todays mysteries will bring another miracle tomorrow.
Hugs and Kisses,
Anna Mae

sdruss said...

Colton--Hurry up and get strong again, my man! I want to see you lift your head and "prairie dog" again! Grandma and I love you very much, and of course we're thinking about pee pee all the time! Much Love, Grandpa and Grandma (R & J)