Friday, September 5, 2008

I'm Freeeeeeee...mostly!

Big news everyone....wait for it.....I've been extibated! No more ventilator for me. They took me off the ventilator at 1:20 pm today and much to mommy's surprise when she showed up for a visit, I only had nasal cannulas. Nasal cannulas are the little tubes that go in your nose to give a little extra oxygen.

Now, mommy and daddy had been told that I would be wearing a CPAP when I came off the ventilator which is a mask and a little bit more of a setup but for some reason the doctors thought I was ready to go straight to cannulas. So....its still early to tell but I am doing well so far off the vent. They wouldn't let mommy touch me when she came because it was too soon after they messed with me but when daddy comes tonight hopefully he can hold me.

This is a great step forward and mommy and daddy are cautiously optimistic and hope that my breathing stays solid enough to keep me on the nasal cannulas. I'm working hard!

4 comments:

Amy Chilla said...

Mommy is so proud of you and I know you'll do so well my strong little man...

Love,
Mommy

Unknown said...

Great Job my Boy! keep it up!

Love,
Dad

Bryant's mommy said...

Yay, that is great news. Keep showing everyone how strong you are!!

Love,
Aunt J

Unknown said...

Oh Baby Colton, your strength and willingness to grow stronger each day is such a blessing... I cannot wait until the day I can hold you and give you kisses! xox

I’ll see you tonight with Daddy and Grandma Mary!!

So Much Love,
Aunt Jenny

P.S. Not sure if you’re Mommy & Daddy told you yet, but you have a crazy/lovable dog (his name is Monty) waiting at home to for you; he really cannot wait to play with you and all your toys!!

P.S.S. When you are unable to find one and/or all of your toys, I have a pretty good idea of where he put them!! :0)